Next week is Black Friday – reputedly the busiest retail day of the year.
The event began in the USA and was originally the day after Thanksgiving. Although the Friday is not a public holiday, many Americans make a long weekend of it and do their Christmas shopping while they have spare time.
It’s a massive spending spree. There have been many tales of hysteria as shoppers fight in the aisles to grab the biggest bargains.
In recent years the Black Friday phenomenon has travelled across the Atlantic and businesses in the UK have been swamped by eager customers, both in person and online. However you offer your goods and services, make sure your business is ready for the rush.
- Shoppers start early, so offer longer hours if you can.
- Take advantage of increased demand by offering one-day bargains.
- Promote your business on social media.
- Don’t forget to use a #BlackFriday hashtag.
- Ask customers to share their experience through your social media sites.
- Create a hashtag for customers to use. e.g. #AJ-PRoffer
- Offer discount vouchers to those who follow or ‘like’ you and use the hashtag.
- Eight out of 10 Christmas shoppers buy gift vouchers as presents. Why not offer them through your shop?